The Centurion's Servant

Random thoughts about what concerns me. The story of the centurion's servant centers on faith, that all turns out as it should, just because you have faith.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas

17 November 2005

Bloggers Seek to Mix Faith and the Internet

Click on the link below to read something that really gave me pause. Our pastor's sermon last Sunday morning was the impetus to start this blog. Four days later, I clicked here and saw this article!

Thanks be to God.

I'm sure liberals everywhere are doing an Elmer Fudd-style slow-boil, that is, if they even read Fox News. On the other hand, I , Decius the Centurion, who believes in the Lord so much He only has to say the word and I am healed, is healed!

In other words, I take this as a sign I am on the right path.

ALEXANDER SCOURBY UPDATE #2

Is this getting to be a Daily Feature? Hmmm. Could be.

Scourby is much beloved as a narrator of Scripture by my non-denominational Christian, former-Baptist colleague who sits next to me in the office, and apparently this extends to his circles as well. This colleague was mystified when I showed him the RSV cassettes. Like me, he had no idea Scourby did a tape of the RSV. He said it was a huge deal in his circles in the early 80s when the Scourby KJV was announced.