The Centurion's Servant

Random thoughts about what concerns me. The story of the centurion's servant centers on faith, that all turns out as it should, just because you have faith.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas

20 March 2007

Three months later...

Hoo-boy. Am I a bad Centurion. Not a word for---over a year now? Eek.

To what am I dedicated? God? Yes. Living a moral life, according to the laws of Moses, the teachings of Jesus Christ and the canons of the Roman Catholic church? Yes.

So--what's your problem, Decius?

If I knew the answer to that I'd be a lot better off.

What brought me back was the semi-annual purchase of new clothes and shoes to get through the work day and occasions I am called to serve at Mass as a lector. New Navy-blue blazer, gray slacks, a couple of dress shirts and weekday shirts (polo type) and three really nice pair of Geoffrey Beene shorts for weekdays (no, my employer does not have a dress code, thankfully, and yes I know how lucky I am), a very classy looking mostly purple tie in anticipation of lectoring during Holy Week or at the Easter vigil.

And two pair of sandals that look to me like--uh, well, Roman military sandals. Two pair so I can wear different ones every day. Better for your spine and the Lord knows I need to take care of that particular piece of carnality. So--what do Roman military sandals look like? These ones.

At least, these are what a 21st-century American blogger in his mid-50s like me thinks ancient Roman military sandals would look like. Am liking them muchly. Muy comfortable.

They jogged me back on to the blogging path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home