The Centurion's Servant

Random thoughts about what concerns me. The story of the centurion's servant centers on faith, that all turns out as it should, just because you have faith.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas

23 November 2009

Back from the distractions

A friend, Sara S., suggested I might be in the wrong venue when creating very carefully edited replies to other blogs, which seem to either a.) antagonize the other posters, or b.) antagonize me because I'm unhappy with what I wrote, or c.) frustrate me because what I'm writing about seems to other readers like an entry from Mr. Smarty Pants' I Told You So Journal, or just old-fashioned showing off.

She suggested I take the subjects on other blogs which interest me as a spring board and write about them somewhere else. A friendlier audience, or certainly one that is not going to judge an entry because they don't understand it. Or me. OK. Well, what's out there today?

A quick check doesn't locate anything of interest much. Slow everywhere maybe because it's Monday of Thanksgiving Week. But then, why is that a week to give up on everything? Just because the last two days are (in many cases) holidays. Perhaps it's the routine being broken up. I know I rarely check stuff on the 'net between Friday night and Monday morning. So this week being only three business days long (not to slight you all in the hospitality and service industries, I'm talking about business days here), it becomes something of a holding pattern on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Bought the wife a Christmas ornament last night, one for the tree. It's one she wanted but wouldn't have bought herself, so I got it for her. Took Zoe to the mall and nicked in and out of the Disney store right quick. I knew she'd love it, and she did. It's Lady and the Tramp at the Italian restaurant with the checked tablecloth and plate of spaghetti. She really loved it.

Also picked up a decoration of Pluto, wearing a Santa hat, looking at his bowl which has some bones wrapped with ribbons. This will be the annual one, with 2009 on it (me and the Sharpie added that). It reminds me of Bodhi, and is therefore very poignant.

Which is all by way of saying I have returned to the comfortable confines of The Centurion's Servant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home